When you are with the same person year after year, it is quite normal for your sex life to go through phases and have peaks and valleys. But the situation is never helped when you or your partner have a low sex drive, especially when the other partner is not in the same situation. And of course, boosting your sex drive is not just about making your partner happy. A good sex life is part of any adult’s complete health picture, and there is ultimately no reason that you cannot enjoy good sex throughout your adult life.
Everyone goes through periods in which the spark just does not seem to be there, and sex can come to seem like more of a chore than a source of pleasure. When you find yourself in this place, do not let it go too far. Instead, take steps to remedy the situation as soon as possible. There are plenty of natural ways to do this.
1. Stay healthy: An often overlooked source of low sex drive is low self-esteem. Even if everything else is going well, the thought of getting naked with your partner is not the most appealing thing in the world when you feel bad about your body. The best way to avoid this situation is to keep a regular exercise routine and watch your diet. This is easier said than done, of course, but if you feel you are carrying a few extra pounds, you might be astonished by how much your sex life improves when you drop these pounds.
2. Find mood-creating foods and drinks: Anyone can go online and find lists of foods and drinks rumored to be aphrodisiacs, but nothing works universally. It is much more effective to figure out what works specifically for you and to have no shame about indulging in these things when you know you and your partner will have some time together.
3. Fight the routine: Couples with kids are commonly plagued by woes when it comes to sex, primarily because it can be difficult to find the right time and place for intimacy. Many are forced to resort to putting their sex life on a schedule, and something is lost when you take the spontaneity out of it. Still, it is possible to have good sex on a schedule. Just make sure that you find ways to get each other in the mood, and be sure to work in a special, spontaneous rendezvous when you can to keep the fires going.
4. Herbal aids: There is a large number of herbal supplements that are thought to help boost the sex drive, both in the short term and over a longer period. Unfortunately, these herbal aids are highly inconsistent, and the only way to know for sure which ones work for you is to try them until you find an effective one.
5. Be in a good mood: Of course, it would be nice if we could all be in a good mood at all times, but this just is not possible, and it is no secret that sex is not the most appealing thing when you are stressed or just not feeling very perky. That is why it is important to make sure you have time to unwind and relax and to tackle any mood problems before they become serious. And if you want to have good sex, always try to leave time to unwind and relax before hitting the bedroom with your partner.
By Marc Courtiol